"SeminoleSAFE" is a comprehensive education and outreach campaign intended to raise the culture of preparedness, health and safety at Florida State University.
The "SeminoleSAFE" brand is shared by a number of university departments and entities which all share a common goal to keep Florida State University a safe and healthy place for our students, faculty, staff and visitors.
- Emergency Management
- Environmental Health & Safety
- University Health Services
- University Counseling Center
- Campus Recreation
- Healthy Campus
GOALS & OBJECTIVES
- Raise and maintain awareness of the hazards we face through continuous situational monitoring and reporting, including but not limited to: weather forecasts, current weather conditions, and other potential threats.
- Educate the campus community on ways that can prepare and protect themselves against the hazards we face every day, no matter how small or mundane.
- Emergency and disaster preparedness
- Crime prevention
- Health and wellness promotion
HOW WE DO IT
- Mobile App
- Social Media
- Emergency Preparedness Week & Fair
- Weather Survival Week
- Campus Safety Walk
- Emergency Preparedness Guide
- Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
- Health Promotion
- Tobacco Free FSU
- Rape Agression Defense
- National Incident Management System & Incident Command System
- Disaster Preparedness
- Environmental health, lab and workplace safety
- Healthy cooking classes
- Alcohol, tobacco, drugs, nutrition, sexual health, sexual violence and wellbeing